When there is no water available, or when it is not possible to use the existing water, we may purify ourselves with clean soil or a similar in place of performing the minor ablution or the ritual bath. This called "Tayammum". Tayammum is maid in place of minor ritual ablution or ritual bath.
The Two Obligatory Acts Of Tayammum
1- To make intention for tayammum,
2- To path the palms on clean soil or similar substance (clean sand, pebbles, stone, lime, brick, tile or a tile-like substance, etc.) twice and then to wipe the face first and than the arms.
Method Of Making Tayammum or How is Tayammum performed?
1. One says A’udhu and Bismillah
2. One makes the intention (niyyah) to replace either ablution or ghusl.
3. One pats his palms on clean soil and wipes the face (after getting rid of the extra soil)
4. One pats his palms on soil a second time and with his palms wipes first the right hand up to the elbows and then the left one.
What are the obligatory acts (fardh) of Tayammum?
1. To make intention (niyyah)
2. To wipe (masah) the face and hands up to the elbows with clean soil.